Join Our Team
Opening: Coding Teacher, Full-time or Part-time
CAML Academy is looking for enthusiastic and energetic teachers to join us at our new and growing learning center in Morrisville, NC.
Are you passionate about education, technology and inspiring young minds? Do you enjoy working collaboratively in a dynamic, creative environment?
CAML Academy is a K-12 mobile and computer science learning center that focuses on delivering high-quality, STEM education to children through online classes, after-school programs, clubs, and track out camps. We were founded on the belief that digital technology and computer science help create a powerful foundation for learning, propelling students to new heights regardless of whether they pursue careers in software or they want to be a well-rounded citizen in the 21st century.
The Coding Teacher will work with our experienced staff to lead classroom instruction for children in track-out and summer camps, after-school clubs, enrichment classes and online courses. In this role, you’ll spend time in the classroom creating amazing experiences with kids ages 7-16! You’ll have the opportunity to work behind the scenes with our dynamic team of teachers and designers to develop new curriculum and update our existing curriculum for both online and face-to-face learning environments.
At CAML, we value energetic, self-motivated, organized, engaging educators. Your passion for learning and interest in technology is critical to the success of CAML Academy! Our talented staff is committed to providing comprehensive training on our signature curriculum to promote your success in this role.
Our classes include:
- Minecraft Engineering with Redstone
- Coding and STEM programs with Minecraft Education Edition
- 3D Animation
- Mobile App and Game Design
- Game Art & Design
- Learn Ruby with Music
In this role, you will:
- Deliver fun computer science learning experiences during on-site week-long summer, track-out camps and after school clubs.
- Use CAML Academy’s highly regarded curriculum to lead on and off-site programs
- Work collaboratively with our design team to create new courses for both our online platform and face-to-face courses
- Utilize your education and knowledge of current technology trends to contribute to the development of our courses
- Work with passionate students and educators in a technology immersive environment
- Engage students in STEM themed enrichment activities and team building exercises
- Contribute to the documentation of children’s projects and play
- Facilitate and lead activities on and off the computers
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science, education, or related field required
- Programming, and/or technology teaching experience is a plus
- 1+ year teaching/tutoring/mentoring K-12 students in a school or camp environment
- Tech-savvy, upbeat, and a passion for working with children
- Curriculum development experience is desirable
- Must be able to take initiative, communicate well, problem solve and adapt to new situations
- Maintain a well-organized and creative work environment that promotes curiosity and learning
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.